Travelers Journal :: ßry™

it's all about me and my whereabouts. thanks for visiting.

I spent my last weekend in Manila to meet some old good friends during my high school years and to attend my nephew's first birthday. For the first time, I availed of the evening flights recently offered by Philippine Airlines (PAL) from Bangkok to Manila and vice versa. It really pays to be part of PAL's frequent flyer program. I get good service which includes priority booking, priority check-in and luggage handling and best of all I get upgrades and free tickets quite often which I experienced for the nth time during my flight last Friday night. And for this reason, I thought to write a few words about PAL which is my way of saying "thank you". (Photo shows a PAL A330-300 aircraft at Suvanaburmi Airport, Bangkok)

Perhaps 90 per cent of my travels within the Philippines, Asia and the US, I flew Philippine Airlines. I personally feel happy about flying my very own flag carrier which takes pride of being the first airline in Asia. For 67 years now, PAL has consistently delivered its warm Filipino hospitality to its customers. Despite many challenges, it has strived in maintaining its quest to become a world-class Filipino airline.

I wish to congratulate Philippine Airlines as it embarks on a $79-M aircraft upgrade due to be completed by the first quarter of 2009.


Trivia on Philippine Airlines, Asia's first airline:

PAL was launched on March 15, 1941 with a small twin-engine Beech Model 18 flying 212 kms. from Manila to Baguio City, Philippines with a full load of five passengers. To me, I think the best part of flying PAL is the fact that it has its own airport in Manila. While the security is quite rigid at the airport, I think I like the convenience of not having to walk a lot just to get in to the immigration counters and boarding gates. I'm sure people coming from a long flight would agree on this observation.

Philippine Airlines offers budget friendly tour packages (with hotel accommodation and airport transfers included) to different places in the Philippines, Asia and the US. For more information, visit PAL's website at www.philippineairlines.com

The following video is a 30-sec TV commercial of Philippine Airlines during 1980's. I was thrilled to have seen it again after almost 20 years. Thanks to YouTube!


The beauty of the Philippines is shining through....
Philippine Airlines





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting web site

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog sight is very nice. Great vidoes and pictures too.

ßry™ said...

Thanks Dokuma and Laurie for visiting.

Anonymous said...

banzai~!