Travelers Journal :: ßry™

it's all about me and my whereabouts. thanks for visiting.

Wonderin’ how the football craze heats up in and outside the football stadiums of Austria and Switzerland? It’s definitely worth experiencing for! Unfortunately, just like you maybe – I don’t have the chance to do so! (now that's quite frustrating! and if you happened to travel just to see the matches -- POWER TO YOU!)

As widely reported, EURO 2008 football matches continue to heat up in Switzerland – taking place in Geneva, Bâle, Berne and Zurich. In Austria, matches have been held in Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfut. With the finals in Vienna taking place on Sunday, 29 June, I’m sure football fanatics started to have sleepless nights.



Talk about football craze and its relation to the welfare of the society; let me share you some pieces of information. Football stars have committed themselves to helping the United Nations in its various work and development goals. For example, Ronaldinho and Kaká are Ambassadors Against Hunger for WFP, David Beckham is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF, Michael Ballack is a Special Representative for UNAIDS, Roberto Baggio is an Ambassador for FAO, and Ronaldo, Zinédine Zidane and Didier Drogba are Goodwill Ambassadors for UNDP. Also, the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) has been running a three-week anti-discrimination programme, “Unite Against Racism”, which aims to demonstrate equality in sport. It’s a "zero tolerance" for UEFA towards any form of racism, discrimination or violence in football.

Now let me share you some photographs courtesy of my organization's global Intranet site. I enjoyed looking at these pictures and I hope you’d also do. Needless to say, I direly wanted to be right there and feel the actual vibes! Grrr… (my eldest brother would surely enjoy these pictures as he was a former football player at the national level!)






0 comments: