Travelers Journal :: ßry™

it's all about me and my whereabouts. thanks for visiting.

Of the many places I’ve been to, only in San Francisco I found the best mix of hectic and placid sceneries. Being one of the most popular destinations in the world, San Francisco offers a wide-range of internationally-known tourist landmarks depicting its diverse, cosmopolitan history and lifestyle. I have all my personal reasons to consider San Francisco as one of my favorite cities – a potential place for me to settle in.



Now, how busy and calm this famous City by the bay can get? You’ll surely find more than enough reasons to enjoy every moment of your stay in this City. And for this particular post, I decided to highlight the serene exquisiteness of San Francisco.

First in the list is the relaxing and romantic view at the San Francisco Bay where the world’s famous Golden Gate Bridge reigns supreme. According to history, the bridge took seven years to build and was completed on May 27, 1937. When I first saw the Golden Gate, I was immediately looking for the gold color but in fact the bridge is actually painted in deep red-orange color. (So this is just a bit of clarification.) Both in the northern and southern parts of the bridge, viewing decks are provided. However, parking is an issue. You’ll rarely find a space to park your car. (Good thing I wasn’t driving! Haha…) If you want to get a panoramic view of the bridge as well as the San Francisco Bay, it is best that you park at the Marina area. What I like best being at the Marina is the chance to see the monochromatic blue shaded sky and the cool breeze of fresh air with pine scent. Mind you, this is a nice spot for a wedding ceremony. Imagine the panoramic view as your background in all your wedding pictures. (How's that?)



A panoramic view of the Golden Gate Bridge.



A closer shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.



A view of the San Francisco Bay at the Marina.


If you would like to get more closer to nature, take advantage of the serenity that San Francisco Botanical Garden can offer. You can just lie down the fresh grass and enjoy the air and smelt of flowers and pines. The Garden has various collections of plants from the Mediterranean, Chile, Cape Province, Australia, New Zealand, South-east Asia, and more.



A peaceful scenery at the San Francisco Botanical Garden.


Just approximately two blocks away from the San Francisco Botanical Garden, you will find the Japanese Tea Garden where you will find Japanese maple trees, fragrant wisteria, camellias, cherry trees, rhododendrons and more. There is also a Tea House where you can sit for a while and sip a hot cup of Japanese Tea. Souvenir items are also available at this shop. One interesting spot in the Garden is the Drum Bridge or Taiko Bashi in Japanese which is a perfect half-circle in shape. Japanese history will tell that this kind of bridge had been a part of Japanese villages during the 1890’s. The main attractions (at least for photo fanatics like me) are the Temple Gate and the five-storey Pagoda which both came from the Panama-Pacific Exposition of 1915.



A five-storey Pagoda - a Buddhist shrine. In Japan and other Far Eastern countries,
pagodas were often built over a sacred relic. The Sorin (spire at the top of a pagoda)
has nine rings which represents various heavens of the gods.


The Temple Gate will lead you to the Cherry trees lane.


The Main Pond showcases a series of dwarf trees and Japanese Maple trees.


Blue skies, cool fresh air and relaxing sceneries…. These are just a few of the many reasons why San Francisco makes it easily to everyone’s heart.


More about San Francisco - soon on Travellers Journal.



8 comments:

Christine said...

Nice photos and commentary. There really is nothing like the SF Bay.

Christine
http://froginnorthgeorgia.blogspot.com/

Barkswell said...

Wow, Bry!

I saw your welcoming comment on my blog and came to visit your fabulous creation. I wonder if I will ever get this far. At this point, I hardly even know how to communicate!

Not sure if this is actually going to you or Christine. I have MUCH to learn...

ßry™ said...

Thank you Christine and Barkswell for visiting and commenting!

Both of you will surely do good on your blogs as well.

Come back often, ok?

Cheers!

ßry™

Yukio said...

San Francisco looks like it's really worth visiting-- I love Japan, and the Japanese scenery there got my attention.

How've you been?

ßry™ said...

Thanks, Andrew for for dropping by. You changed your blog design again.

Yeah, SF is a nice place to visit.


ßry™

Unknown said...

Hey, I am really happy you like San Francisco. I live in Oakland, right across the Bay. It is great to have the attractions of SF and thge lower house prices of Oakland !

And I loved the photos of Thailand. My wife and I were there about fifteen years ago and loved it. We missed the show you described. Maybe it didn't exisat then or maybe we just didn't hear about it.

You may enjoy my blog http://ivorycoasttraveler, a place I visited last year and am going back to this October. Absolutely a great place.

ßry™ said...

Oh well SF is really close to my heart. I just love everything about SF!

Too bad, you missed Siam Niramit show. you can catch the show erhaps when you and your family plan another travel to Bangkok .

cheers!

Anonymous said...

wow i hope i can go someday in san francisco!

sseing the golden bridge and even walking on it..a nice dream!