Travelers Journal :: ßry™

it's all about me and my whereabouts. thanks for visiting.

A DELAYED BLOG ENTRY

October 2007 - It was a quick stop by at the surprisingly cold Las Vegas – a city in Nevada that never sleeps at night! The weather was cooperative as it was only at that time we arrived in Las Vegas when the temperature changed from hot and humid to cold and breezy at 57.3 °F (14.1 °C). As they say, the first thing a visitor could do is to try his luck with a slot machine found at the reception lobby of the hotel. Thrilled I was, my first try with the $20 - no luck! Haha!


Roaming around during daytime would give any visitor an impression that Las Vegas is just an ordinary city – high rising hotels, light to moderate traffic situation, and bargain souvenir items everywhere. In fact, one may think that it is a dull city as nothing so special is happening at day time. BUT try to visit every hotel lobbies where as early as 8:00 a.m. you'll see people sipping their hot coffee while playing a $1-$10 slot machine. You'll be convinced that people do really come to Las Vegas to gamble. What a way to spend your leisure time!


Now what happens at night time? I need not to scribble further. As expected, Las Vegas is at its finest in the evening! The covered streets of Fremont is enveloped with glittering lights and buzzling music. I was amazed at the LED screen-ceiling presentations on Fremont Street. People are filled with so much energy (not unless you go back to your hotel room as a loser). The Las Vegas strip is so stunning and the architecture of the Ceasar's Palace Hotel is truly amazing!


Since I'm not a habitual gambler I must say that my first day in Las Vegas was not fun at all (Not to mention of me losing a $100 bill was as quick as 10 snaps in less than 10 minutes!!!). What I like about this city is the fact that shopping is not as expensive as in California. I enjoyed buying presents in all the malls we've been to. Food is also cheap. The roads that we passed through were all clean. Best of all, you can buy a detached house in this city for as low as $200,000- Well not for me to stay long and raise a family here but perhaps as a vacation destination (I may be too conservative but I think this is not a good place to raise your kids).

As a whole, I should charge our four-day stay in Las Vegas to experience. I may not have a tremendous fun like in my other trips but it was not that bad at all. After all, I won $400.- during my last night in Vegas! Thanks to the Wheel of Fortune at the Golden Nugget Hotel!

2 comments:

Yukio said...

I want to go to Vegas! It sounds exciting! You write well and have good pictures on your blog-- keep it up!

ßry™ said...

well yeah.. depending on your interest i guess. Vegas is a cool place for many people in USA. thanks for your comments!