Travelers Journal :: ßry™

it's all about me and my whereabouts. thanks for visiting.

It cannot be gainsaid that amidst political turmoil, the Philippine economy has continued to perform positively since 2005. The Economic and Social Survey 2008 published by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific reported that the GDP growth rate for the Philippines increased between 2006 and 2007 – from 5.4% to 7.0% which is a clear 2.4% increase. Thanks to continuously increasing volume of remittances from highly skilled overseas Filipino workers.

The United Nations Survey further stressed the following:



"On the upside, investment has rebounded dramatically in the Philippines: after declining 6.6% in 2005, it grew 1.4% in 2006 and 11.6% in 2007. The acceleration reflected a very strong investment in construction, especially public construction."


As a young Filipino who has great trust and optimism that the Philippines will regain its popularity and key position in the global arena, I must admit that I was moved by the findings presented in the United Nations Survey 2008. My hope that has long been shaken by the selfish and greedy acts by the highest political powers in the Philippines has once more been revived. Just like any Filipino citizen, I can be more patriotic and positive by doing my own little ways in promoting what others need to hear and discover about the Philippines.

The international news about the Philippines may cover more about the country's political instability and sadly only a little about its achievements in different areas such as sports, entertainment, arts and a lot more --- a mistake of a generalization about the Philippines from the international critic.

Recently, I have a lot of foreign friends who have surprisingly asked me where to go to in the Philippines for a short summer holiday stint. The fact that they are considering the Philippines as a holiday destination thrilled me that I even took time in preparing a suggested itinerary for them. A tour list in Manila, Boracay, Cebu, Vigan, Negros and more... I took time in picking the best destinations in the Philippines that a Filipino can be more than proud of. While I have already visited some of the key cities in the Philippines for work, I must admit that I have not yet been into some of the most-talked-about tourist spots in the Philippines (e.g. the diving sites in Negros and Palawan). Thanks to the powerful and boundless information on the Internet. Various pictures and video presentations are available which made me totally convinced that indeed, the Philippines is a haven of an undiscovered beauty and diversity. I have been travelling enough the world but I have not seen more of my own country.



The Philippines is indeed beautiful! It is more than the the honking and colorful jeepneys on the busy streets of Quiapo and Avenida, more than the classic and descriptive history that lies within the Walls of Intramuros, it is more than the white talcum powder-like sand of Boracay.

There is more for me to discover about the Philippines. There is more which the Philippines can offer you! Visit the Philippines -- It's more than the usual!





0 comments: